10.10.10

Bless The Weather

Yesterday, I was denied one of the greatest pleasures in my life. Contemplating the mess in someone else's house. As my avenues of pleasure have narrowed over the years this one has grown.

I went to pick up the eldest daughter from a house party. I approached the house with great anticipation. This house party, I was told, had more than twenty kids present. What joys would await me there.

As is my wont at these affairs I simply walked straight in. These are busy people. They don't need to be answering door bells. As I went into the living room and then through to the kitchen I sensed that something was gravely wrong? If anything, this house was tidier than my own. I met the husband first.

"What's going on?", I asked. "Where's the mess?".
"Ah" he said. "We were blessed with the weather. Kids played outside all day".
Definition of BLESSED
1
a : held in reverence : venerated b : honored in worship : hallowed c : beatific
2
: of or enjoying happiness; specifically : enjoying the bliss of heaven —used as a title for a beatified person
"Fuck sake", I thought. "Even God is against me now".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be a much better story had you walked straight in and found yourself in the wrong house.

Brown Man said...

check out my page
www.brownmantattoos.com