26.11.09

Tactical Nuclear Penguin


I've discussed Brewdog before here and, sadly, I have to report that they're at it again.

More silly stuff aimed squarely at the hard of thinking market. A very lucrative market I'm given to believe.

Their latest marketing effort is called, wait for it ... Tactical Nuclear Penguin. (The beer is called the same).

Yes, Tactical Nuclear Penguin. Isn't that just fucking hilarious?

Here's some stuff about it:


- It's the world's strongest beer - with a 32% alcohol content.

Gulp!
- Bottles are £30 each.

Gulp!
- Managing director James Watt said: "This beer is about pushing the boundaries, it is about taking innovation in beer to a whole new level."
Gulp!

Clearly none of the above "Gulps" represent drinking. They're "Gulps" of astonishment.

I wonder if Brewdog have ever considered making a beer that's remotely drinkable. Rather than just "pushing boundaries". It's difficult to know what more to say about this product. This diagram might help.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you actually tried any of their beer, or are you just slagging it off from a position of ignorance...?

Michael I said...

This is one of the worst arguments against BrewDog ive ever heard! Its a beer made to be served in spirit sized measures. There are no rules anywhere that state that beer is only beer if it is served in certain sized measures. Ive never had a BrewDog beer I didnt enjoy and once my bottle of this stuff arrives, Im sure it will be no different.

musters said...

I've never tried any of their marketing. I mean beer.

Walter said...

Anyone who would gladly spend £30 on a bottle of beer needs their head examined, but I guess thats the market their aiming for.
Also, smart-arsed marketing does not make a product worthy of purchase, it just plays to the uninformed.....

mcgenius said...

Quality arguments there feom the brewdog marketing fuckpigs - err... independent casual web browsers.

I'd argue the merits of brewdog beer but like the blog author - I haven't tried it.

The reason I haven't tried it is because I drink beer made by people who like to brew beer. As opposed to cunts who think "marketing" is "wacky".

Brewdog - why don't you all fuck off. You're the dictionary definition of "superfluous". Or indeed - "cunts".

musters said...

Oh My!

musters said...

Thanks for your comments lads and I apologise for, the ever on the money, mcgenius.