14.5.10

Barriers to Learning

Look, there's a big red choo-choo train over there. I want a go on that. I'll probably climb on the roof like they do in China. I might even break up the journey and have a go on that ace blue bike on the way. First, need to get by these swings though. Every instinct in my young body is telling me to go straight. Avoid that girl on the swings. That would be ouchy. But the barrier. the red barrier, it's stopping me from going straight. I'll run through the space quickly. It must be okay. Why else would they put the barrier here. They must know what they're doing. They're professional play-park planners from the council, not numbnut nitwits. I'll do it. They surely wouldn't steer me right into the swi...ARGH, BANG, THUD, OUCH, CRASH. And finally, tears for souvenirs but, luckily, no actual fatalities.

No comments: