13.8.09

Fitter, Happier

I'm all for hygiene (especially on the company time) but aren't things going overboard a bit?

These signs around the office are utterly daft. If you really want people to improve their personal hygiene lets at least make the instructions grounded in reality. I followed them to the letter earlier for scientific purposes and here's what happened:
  • It took me ten minutes to wash my hands.
  • It took about five litres of water to wash my hands.
  • People gathered round to watch, point and laugh at me washing my hands.
Look at the the last two points:
6/ Dry hands completely with clean paper towel
7/ Use the paper towel to turn off the faucet so your hands remain clean.
That's the paper towel, mind. The one you just dried your hands completely with. And how long does it take to completely dry your hands. Twenty seconds? During which time we must leave the fucking faucet (i.e. tap) running!!!

I hate these signs. They seem to encapsulate the way we live today.

No comments: