18.8.09

Keep the low, low.

I am under enormous (well, enough that I would mention it) pressure tonight to drink.

It could either be in the village or indeed in the city. Either way, people expect me to drink. One person was aghast when I declared my intention to remain utterly sober throughout the game.

The game, of course, is Celtic v Arsenal. I don't tend to drink during Celtic games as I prefer to maintain concentration. When I drink my mind wanders and I could completely miss some tactical nuance. And that won't do at all.

The other reason I won't be drinking tonight is that Celtic are playing Arsenal who are a very fine team indeed. In some ways the best in England. So there's a decent chance we might get beat. And if we do, then I'll be on a low. If I was drinking it would only make the low lower than it needs to be.

If we win, though, I will indulge in an unfeasibly large whisky and crabbies by way of celebration. A draw might even justify this action.

C'mon the Hoops!

No comments: