3.10.09

Her Calling

On the radio this morning we (the listener) were subjected to a Church of Ireland priest (I believe priest is the right term) who was discussing her calling.

Apparently, God first spoke to her about the matter when she was only 15. He said to her simply, "You could do that". In fact she thought "I could do that" but it was definately God who made her think up the idea. At that time, sadly, women (especially 15 year old ones) weren't allowed into the protestant priesthood but clearly God wasn't aware of that. He didn't leave the matter there though.

Years later, when she had a career in the civil service He called again. This time God had done some proper due diligence. Woman had just been allowed into the church. She didn't give in so easy though. In her own words (which I took off the radio):

"I turned round to God and said look 'I have a brilliant career, with a pension and a company car ... surely I don't have to give it all up!'".

God told her she did. So she did. And she never looked back. Now the delusional old bat tells people about it on the radio.

No comments: