25.10.09

The Spoon Situation

There were three bad things about my hotel in Boston.
  1. The eggs - disgusting
  2. The music - musak
  3. The spoons - too small
I'd already told them about the musak. When I checked out I told the manager about the eggs.
"I know", he agreed, "they're disgusting all right". He shook his head as if the problem was utterly out of his purview.

"Ok what about the spoons? Can we have some big spoons", I asked. "I've been eating my cereal with a tea spoon and it's making me late for work".

"Why not start eating earlier?", he suggested.

I said I'd do that next time. Clearly he had no control over the spoon situation either.

1 comment:

mcgenius said...

I encountered similar issues at my hotel and dealt with them as follows:

The eggs - I chose not to eat them

The muzak - I didn't about reception if I didn't need to

The spoons - I ate earlier. Eating earlier didn't simply mean having extra time to eat with a small spoon. It meant that the limited supply of big spoons were still available.