15.10.09

Musak in Hotel

Suicide is a terrible thing. It touches many lives.

I was at the hotel reception earlier sorting our four separate issues/questions. They had they most God awful jazz muzak playing in the background. But LOUD in the background.

I said to the dude, How do you put up with that all day?
I like it, he replied. Smirking.
He was joking. So I joined in, Why don't you kill yourself for some light relief?

The receptionist standing next to him burst into tears and left. We both watched her go then looked at each other. Woops, I said. He merely shrugged.

By that time I'd got through only two of my four issues/questions. I decided to forget about the others. They were mere trifles no doubt. I repaired, with all due haste, to my room. And here I must remain for the time being.

No comments: