13.2.10

Yellow Shorts Debacle

Again today, I found that I was merely the second biggest eedjit at the swimming pool.

More bulge issues. Slightly less than the previous week but still a not insignificant protuberance from the front of my yellow swimming shorts. The orange pair having been sidelined for poor behaviour.

Again, the bold Phoebe seemed more interested in hanging out with the man with the bulge in his shorts than playing the many members of her own species who were happily splashing around the pool. She insisted on showing me her handstands again combining that with her usual coughing and choking presumably due to the copious amounts of pool water she was taking in. I kept looking around for her parents but, if they even existed, they were nowhere to be seen. I wondered vaguely if she was one of mine now.

Anyway, I soldiered on in this manner for a while then eventually persuaded the kids, via the gift of the vending machine, that it was time to leave. As we left a man had just jumped into the pool wearing only a pair of white Gaelic football shorts. I knew he had nothing on underneath because, sadly, the cock and balls were on full public display. I quickly ushered the kids into the changing room safe in the knowledge that, for the second week running, I'd snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

No comments: