17.7.09

Coopers Ale

I started on Toohey's New which is a more than decent beer. This gave me precisely the hangover I deserved every time. That's really all I ask.

The Old (pictured above) is a different kettle of fish entirely and, frankly, after a promising start at the 19th hole one day, I fear I must report that I found it virtually unpotable. (I'd had similar problems at the previous 18 to tell you the truth).

But on the second week I got down to business and settled into the mighty, mighty Coopaz. Original Pale Ale is pictured but massive respect also to the Sparkling Ale which would certainly have featured more heavily were it not for its strength and the fact that I was drinking a dozen bottles a day.

Which, of course, to most male Aussies is, quite literally, small beer.

No comments: