29.12.09

Dog Crap

It's cold and snowy here where I am. This weather always makes me think of that great Louden Wainwright song that goes:
“I took my dog for a walk, she took a crap / You won’t smell it until April or May"
I was actually singing those lyrics to myself earlier today and staring out to sea at the bottom of my brother's garden while watching a dog take a crap on the beach. I heard myself say to the dog's owner:

"You won't smell that til April". "Or May".

She looked at me silently with eyes as empty as a fifteen minute old pint of Deuchars IPA before hurriedly walking away. Clearly embarrassed.

Perhaps she thought I was telling her off for allowing her dog to shit on a public beach at the bottom of my brother's garden. More likely though, she just wasn't all that comfortable discussing faeces with complete strangers.

No comments: