23.1.10

Crouch

When I arrived she was doing karaoke with the other girls and they didn't want any adults in there. So I went into the kitchen and said hello to the adults. I spotted the boys watching the Spurs Leeds game in the living room. One nil to Spurs.

I wandered over. "Who scored?".
"Crouch" one said, not lookinp up.
I lowered myself below the sofa and repeated the question.
Silence. Slowly I rose back up and looked around. The adults were chatting. The boys were staring at the game. I could hear the girls singing "Valerie" on the karaoke.
I wandered back over to the adults and chatted. As if nothing awful had happened.

4 comments:

themusiclist said...

Sounds very similar to the opening game of the 2006 World Cup. In the pub I'd missed the first goal so I turned to a group of people, as to inquire who had scored. "Klose" they answered. So I leaned right in and asked the question once again...

mcgenius said...

Also sounds quite similar to when my friend and I wandered into a pub during the England - Germany Euro 96 semi-final.

"Who scored the equaliser?" we asked.
"Kuntz!" came the reply.
"Easy boys, we were only asking a civil question" we countered.

Etc etc etc...

Someone shoot me before we get to the Windass variation of the story.

Aleksander Cvetkovic said...

Sapo kam hyrë në një bar gjatë një kupë të rëndësishme shqiptare përfundimtar. "Kush se kar në pozitë midfield mbajtjen e bën luan bukur?" Pyeta.

"Zoltan Frizz" thanë ata.

Ha ha ha ha ha!

musters said...

Ti je burr muti Cvetkovic.
(and your fat wife is FAT)