6.1.10

Queuing System Debacle

Edinburgh Airport yesterday morning. Timeline around 07:50 of the am. Standing in the Ryan Air queuing system for the Dublin flight.

I look up and see my old pal Stevie Dunton. "Stevie Dunton", I shout. He sees me, waves and comes over in precisely the manner you'd expect him to if you knew him. Nobody really changes but Stevie Dunton changes even less.

"Hullo", he says.
We shake hands. "Where you off to, old chum?", I ask him.
"Dublin".
"Dublin", I repeat. "Me too".

I immediately become aware that the two teenage girls in the queuing system in front of me are sniggering at the absurdity of this exchange. They laugh and their laugh says "What a dick!".

"I didn't realise Stevie was in this queuing system", I tell them weakly.
One replies "Which queuing system did you think you were in?".

I ignore them and continue chatting to Stevie. They ignore me and continue to snigger.
"Where are you going?", I hear one asking the other.
"Dublin", she replies.
"Why me too", replies the cheeky monkey, exploding in laughter.

2 comments:

Sergio said...

Didn't you beat them to a bloody pulp with your ticket stub?

musters said...

They were big lasses, like.