23.1.10

Quiz for Lourdes

In the swimming pool today I was chatting to this fella.

He told me he was "fucking tired" as he hadn't got home until 2 o'clock in the "fucking morning". I asked him if he'd been out on the bevvy. He told me he'd only had "two fucking pints" even though he didn't have the "fucking car".

Then the details started to trickle through as we sat at the side of the pool, bellies competing. He'd been out at a charity quiz. They hadn't been allowed to start the quiz until "ten o'fucking clock" as the Munster game was on tv and this was "fucking ridiculous" as the quiz was in aid of a trip to Lourdes.

I told him that I thought this was "fucking obscene". He nodded in agreement although, in fact, I think we were agreeing about quite different things which is very much the same as disagreeing.

No comments: