27.10.08

Celtic Pub


Astonishing incident happened in Glasgow on Saturday which, if it weren't for the fact that I'm relating it to you personally, I'd hardly believe myself. It's true though!

I was in a pub near Celtic Park before the game against Hibs. The pub was filled with Celtic fans who were drinking heavily and supporting Hamilton Academicals on the telly.

Despite the fact that Rangers were beating the Accies the mood was good and the beer and (non-secretarial) songs were flowing. Not quite sure if songs can flow but you get my drift.

Anyway, the door flies open and this character, weighing about 18 stone and wearing a string vest รก la Rab C Nesbitt enters and somehow - perhaps magnetically, more likely he was well known - commands everyone's immediate attention. 

He brilliantly feigns a double-take before making the following statement:
Sorry lads, I didnae realise this wiz a Paddy's pub.

Before anyone responds he follows up with:
Actually I wiz looking for the Mason's Arms?

As one, the entire pub burst into laughter and when I looked back at the door he had gone (like a Rangers fan in the wrong pub). I can only imagine he was popping into every pub in the neighbourhood to perform his party piece.

It was truly one of the funniest things I've ever experienced and proof, if proof be need be, that there is hope for that great city.



3 comments:

john said...

Genius story.

themusiclist said...

"supporting Hamilton Academicals" lol

There's more than one team?

musters said...

Fuck off Leigh.