23.10.08

Poppy Man


Y'know I think Remembrance Sunday is a very important day. And the poppy is a potent symbol of how great things can bloom from the most horrible bloodshed and terror.

Further, I'm very grateful to the soldiers who laid down their lives so that my own life and that of my children can be better. I might not agree with the reasons for going to war but I think the remembrance of those who died and were injured is an important principle.

But this Poppy Man idea is just fucking stupid. The poppy is the symbol. We don't need a man covered in fucking poppies as a symbol on top of another symbol. 

Look at him. He's just weird looking. 

And as for the picture where Poppy Man is, presumably, supposed to represent the father killed in action well have you ever seen anything quite so cack-handed and ill thought out in all your days?

  

No comments: