29.10.08

Spider in the Bath



I've been living alone all week in a big, spooky, old house. It's kind of spooky when it's dark anyway.

But not quite alone. A spider has been living in the bath, you see.

What's he building in there?

He's moved very little. I've never actually witnessed him moving but I have clues. The fact that he's in a different spot each time I see him being the major one.

You may ask.
But how do I remember where he was last time? 

Well ...

I wondered the same thing myself. If a spider moves in the bath and no-one sees him does he really move at all? 

Well (again) ...

Last night I drew a circle round him with some lipstick ("Sassy" Sexy Deep Plum #60) that I found in the cabinet. When I came back the circle was there but there was no spider within. The spider (Charlotte I call him) had indeed moved.

I had my proof.

He's still there today but the children arrive back tomorrow and no way will they tolerate a bath spider. So tonight Charlotte will have to go.

He has served his purpose.

No comments: