27.4.09

Roast Chicken Recipe

Roast Chicken recipe‏
From: musters
Sent: 27 April 2009 17:00:20
To: rick@rickstein.com

Hi Rick,

I email with regard to the roast chicken, penne and tomato recipe in your delicious Coast to Coast book. I cooked it yesterday for my wife and it was very excellent indeed. Even though I do say so myself! Credit, of course, to you.

Frankly, I've recently become disaffected with the roast chicken genre. I find it somewhat dull. Your idea of serving it with penne and tomato sauce, of course mixed in with the lovely chicken juices, is inspired.

I must tell you, though, I almost ignored the ginger. I didn't see the point. Frankly, and with respect, I thought you'd lost the run of yourself entirely. But, my wife, a tickler for detail, insisted that I follow your recipe to the letter. And so I did.

As I said earlier, the meal was a tremendous success. We had seconds and wolfed them down with Gusto Damn You Bet!

Then, even though the rain was falling in a thick mist, we decided to go for a walk. It seemed the right sort of rain. The ginger had not been mentioned. We'd both forgotten about it entirely. But, at the top most corner of our estate, by the cow field, we looked at each other, the rain heavier now and starting to feel like the wrong sort of rain, and uttered, as one, one word. "Ginger".

I had an acute and very pleasant sensation of gingerness at the back of my tongue and my wife professed to exactly the same feeling. It was an incredible moment and, sodden as we were, we hugged. 

Sir, where in the name of All Heaven Above Us did you get the idea for ginger? Genius!

Thank you,

Musters

No comments: