24.3.09

Lunch With Nosy Bastards

I went to a cafe for lunch today and here's a picture of the aftermath. I do apologise for the spread-eagled nature of the knife and fork on the empty plate but, in my defence, let me say this. It wasn't me, it was my Mum. She'd gone up to the till to pay.


There seemed to be a run on mother and sons having lunch in the cafe today and in all cases, bar one (me), the son paid for his Mum's lunch. I was musing happily on this fact when a woman (and her middle-aged son) got up to leave but not before addressing me thusly,

"That's terrible. Letting yer mither pay like that". "You should be ashamed of yirsel", she added, before storming to the door. Her son followed her out but not before grinning smugly at me. 

"I paid for hers yesterday...", I shouted meekly after them. Adding, after they'd already quit that place, "and it was more expensive".

No comments: