27.3.09

Bird Alights On Car


You may remember (it's not impossible) this posting in which the sudden and unexpected arrival of birds, around my person, prompted me to burst into an equally sudden and unexpected rendition of "Why do birds suddenly appear, Every time you are near".

Well...

I was driving the kids to school the morning. It's a good half a mile away and it was unseasonably chilly. We were stuck in traffic amongst the other Hummers and SUV's. I say others only in the sense that there were others. I certainly wasn't driving one of them.

Anyway, pushing environmental polemic to one side if we may, I started singing this song again. A small bird (pictured) had alighted 'pon my jeely jar and, unable to get into the car the better to give me a peck on the cheek (I knew it wanted to), concentrated on it's reflective friend in the wing mirror.

The kids were very excited and we kept expecting it to fly away. But it rode with us for some time and, when it left, presumably at it's house, we all felt much reduced by it's absence.

No comments: