8.1.09

Humming Birds

"Why do birds suddenly appear"
"Every time you are near" [1]

I went out for a short constitutional at lunch and was singing this song. But I wasn't just idly singing it. Birds were actually appearing every time I was near. Little hummingbirds fluttering about my ankles and neck.

What were they doing? 

If you asked me what it was like and I was only allowed to describe it as either pleasant or unsettling. I would go for the former. I mean the latter.

[1] Strange song. If I was going out with someone and they made birds suddenly appear I would find someone else to go out with quickly.


4 comments:

themusiclist said...

My kids have a wee annoying sort of Xmas type singing dog thing that sings that song, but when it gets to the "ahhhhhh ahha aha... close to uuuuuuu" the dog howls. Very annoying.

musters said...

It would be. Will you not come back to the ML, Leighbo. You're missed mate.

themusiclist said...

I can't find myself doing it really. Doesn't seem right now somehow. I just get annoyed when I read all the shite. Depresses me, and I don't see why I should spend valuable time being annoyed. I'd rather be happy.

musters said...

Really? Happy. Hmmm, interesting idea, if a little ahead of it's time.