7.1.09

Master Chef

The question is this. Can I take another series of Masterchef?

On the face of it the answer must be a resounding no with both the en and the oh capitalised. NO.

It's utterly unbearable. It's one thing listening to Torode and Wallace repeating the same old schtick. I can just about put up with that for the comedy value.

The biggest problem is the contestants who ludicrously seem to place success on Masterchef above all other aspects of life on earth. Or indeed any other planet. 

It's always about their "journey". This seems very important to them. I don't know how this works but I'm willing to bet that the BBC fully reimburse them for their travel expenses. So I do wish they would stop banging on about the flippin' journey and just get on with cooking.

"This is the most important thing in my life", is another common refrain. Often this will come from a single mother struggling to bring up her young children. She deeply cares about using locally sourced fresh ingredients. Flavour is very important to her but she realises she needs to work on her presentation and finesse. These are the most important things in her life. 

Er, aren't you forgetting something here? To borrow from Marvin Gaye:
What about the babies? Who will love the children?

And busty Dawn from Wales certainly set my pulse racing last night. Three times she groaned "I really want it" and you believed her. I don't suppose "getting it" should present a significant problem for her but I have to say that she might be better served concentrating on her woeful culinary skills.

So, when I say NO I actually mean YES. For all of the above reasons and many others, I will indeed be watching another series of Masterchef. In a funny sort of way I love it precisely because I hate it. 

No comments: