23.1.09

Haggip Story

In M&S at lunchtime for to buy some haggip. The boy McGenius, who wishes he was Scotch, came with me.

We both bought two and they were unbelievably cheap (€2.49) considering they contained both pig pancreas and lung.

Pig?
Yea, I know.

We couldn't go through the queue together. That would have been too weird. Genius went first and I let a woman through before me. She was a very nice woman. Here's five reasons why:
  1. She put the "next customer" thing behind her stuff for me.
  2. She, on a whim, bought some (tulip) bulbs.
  3. She apologised to me for buying the bulbs on a whim (i.e. slowing down the queue).
  4. She said to me "I couldn't resist them. They remind me of Spring". Nice, huh!
  5. She didn't insist on getting the exact change from her purse to pay (i.e. slowing down the queue)
She was a big boned woman. One might even say "handsome", at a push. I looked at her and thought:

"Could my nascent idea that people are becoming nicer these days (i.e. with the 'credit crunch' an' all) actually be true?".

Before leaving, she said to me:

"Why don't you buy some bulbs to go with your haggis?".

I laughed loudly, my mind frantically searching for meaning in this unexpected non sequitur. 

No comments: