27.1.09

Liam Neeson


If you let my daughter go now
That will be the end of it...
But if you don't I will find you
and I will kill you
These are the best lines from Neeson's new film Taken. They're the ones being used to promote the film. I suspect that these lines are the film.

Neeson says them like I wrote them above. He stresses the "will's" so you sure as shit know then that he means it. He will find you and he will kill you. No question about it.

However, if you were to just let her go now that's fine. He's not bothered. That will be the end of it. No questions asked.

I feel sorry for Neeson. Picasso would have been a shit painter if he'd had to work with material like that.

2 comments:

mcgenius said...

I disagree. It's "I will find you, and I will kill you".

The "I will kill you" is very matter of fact.

I know this because I've been practising it every hour on the hour. And trying to apply it to everyday situations.

"If you deliver that bit of software on time, to budget, and to an acceptable level of quality, that will be the end of it. But if you don't, I will find you, and I will kill you" I fondly imagine myself saying in team meetings.

One day maybe, one day...

musters said...

Yea I think you're right. Once the finding had been done then the killing would be a mere formality.
Apparently Liam required over 300 takes to get it right. He kept putting the stress on "daughter" and "find".