19.1.09

We're Irish

"Centra - For The Way We Live Today"
We being?

Thus began (and ended) the first post 'pon this very blog site. I'd named the blog site after the Centra slogan because the pure cheek of it bugged me and, worse, I couldn't get the bloody jingle out ma heid. Why I even bothered created a blog in the first place is an altogether more vexing question.

I'm getting annoyed at advertising again this week. It is indeed the devil's own work generally, that's clear, but sometimes it rises above it's own Satanic standards and does that little bit extra. 

Dunnes Store - "The difference is ... we're Irish"
Is that the only difference?
O'Briens Sandwich Bar - "We're 100% Irish"
What even all your Polish staff?

If in doubt, and in the absence of anything else to say, appeal to people's sense of nationalism. Times are tough, we need to stick together. Look after our own. In these financially straitened times the economic recession card would appear to be a good card to play. There's clearly big money it.

1 comment:

mcgenius said...

Less of the "Polish" mate. I think "New Oirish" is the phrase you're searching for.