28.3.09

Chilled (to the bone)

Today, after a profitable morning spent arranging children into straight lines, I went to Athenry Heritage Centre (which was a church in the olden days) for the launch.

As I entered that place, I saw something that chilled me to the bone. More of that later on the way out. Be patient.

I was ushered into a small ante-chamber and introduced to the County Mayor. He shook my hand very firmly and I congratulated him on his lunch. I was going to say "launch" but, for fun, at the very last second, I decided to change it to "lunch". He didn't seem to notice. It was around 1:30pm by then so perhaps he didn't find it strange.

I quickly made my excuses telling the organisers that I would take a "rain check" on the "launch". I've no idea what a "rain check" is, far less what was being launched. So I made for the exit with all due haste and, now, I will tell you about what I saw on the way in. For I also saw it on the way out.

Such was the frightening nature of the figure, presumably depicting Death, at the entrance/exit that I was only able to take these three pictures before quitting that place. For good.




No comments: