18.9.08

Alt.Scotch Anthems

I've noticed that (the dreaded) bloggers are very keen on blogging about what they've been listening to.

Like we care. Idiots.

But look here! We're having a competition at work where each nationality have to compile their own country's "anthem's". Their word, not mine.

The anthems must fit onto a normal (round) sized cd.

Anyway, competing we have South Africa, Australia, Canada and (me, representing) Scotland. It's utterly idiotic, I know, but I plan to set my sail towards the prevailing wind and be tremendously successful. In this venture if nothing else.

The main attribute I have in my favour is this. Their music taste is rubbish and mine is magic. Today (tomorrow) will be all about me.

So my list is this:

Malcolm Middleton - Devastation
Edwyn Collins - Home Again
The Blue Nile - The Downtown Lights
Roddy Frame - Coast
Andy Irvine/Dick Gaughan - The Lads O' the Fair/Leith Docks
Robin Williamson - Wyatt's Song Of Reproach
Arab Strap - Here We Go
Isobel Campbell - Ballad Of The Broken Seas
The Proclaimers - Sean
The Proclaimers - Sunshine On Leith
(strictly speaking should only be one song per artist but like Craig and Charlie themselves, I've always thought of Sean and Sunshine on Leith as inseparable)
Camera Obscura - Let's Get Out Of This Country
Cocteau Twins - Bloody And Blunt
Belle and Sebastian - Song For Sunshine.mp3
Mogwai - Secret Pint
Ivor Cutler Trio - Mud
Boards of Canada - The Smallest Weird Number
King Creosote - Cockle Shell
Dick Gaughan - Both Sides The Tweed
Lord Kitchener - Cricket Champions
(Kitchener Scotch in the heid)
The Waterboys - Glastonbury Song

Now I'm heading up to my room to listen to it. I expect great things.

Good night.

No comments: