11.9.08

The Factory by the Sea

I bow to literally no man in my ability to get lost. I popped out at lunch to get a duvet from the shopping centre. This map might help explain what happened. If you click on it you can make it big.
I followed the main road from the office to the shops, past the petrol station on my way. So far so good. I purchased the duvet (15 tog for the winter) with no more than the usual mishaps. 
Pleased with myself, I decided to try out a short cut round the lake back to the office. I'm led to believe that the lake is lovely round this time of year. I set off and fully expected to end up at the blue dot. I sensed that something was amiss when I passed, not the lake but, the factory by the sea. Before too long I was at the yellow dot.  Miles away from my intended target. It's really dodgy round by the yellow dot. So I turned round quickly and hopped back onto the main road and by pure luck managed a right turn towards the office. 
I mention this as I feel that this level of directional incompetence  is unusual and perhaps quite special.

No comments: