23.11.08

Bolander


Here's my old sparring partner Neddy appearing as Bolander in my house last night. It was a great honour to have him perform in my living room and I emailed him to let him know.

You're probably wondering, did I use some kind of fancy screen scrape technology? 

Nope, friend. I did not. I took the picture off the telly with my ducking? phone. 

I didn't think this was possible due to semi-diffusional gamma rays or some such. It certainly didn't used to be back in the days. 

My parents have an alarming number of pictures of a grey tv (some inexplicably featuring a single slippered foot at the bottom left of shot). The idea that the tv could genuinely have been off on each occasion is not a feasible one. I can only conclude that they were trying to take pictures of Tommy O'Connor or Jimmy Tarbuck for whatever the seventies equivalent of a (world wide we)b log was. 

You think this is all a bit mentalist? Well, at least I wasn't watching 'X' or 'Strict'. 

Je reste mon valaise.

Not sure why Neddy (Bolander) is wearing a Dundee United scarf. Perhaps he's a fan. I'm sure he would have mentioned it though...
 

No comments: