5.11.08

Idiot Test


I did something bad this morning. 

But I started off by doing something good. Then, within seconds, I made it bad.  

I'm an idiot.

Here's what happened...

I was dropping the youngest off at nursery and I noticed an older kid, whom I knew, had a new matching hat, scarf and glove set.

Our kids only seem to have completely un-matching hat, scarf and glove un-sets so I found this pleasing.

So I said to her "I like your hat, scarf and gloves."

She's a nice little girl so she politely thanked me.

I should, of course, have left it there but a joke struck me and I decided to try it out on this six year old.

"Actually", I said, "I like the hat and scarf but I only like one of the gloves". 

I pointed to her left glove with a crooked finger and added, "I don't like that one".

They were all exactly the same, a lovely sort of pink tartan effect. It was preposterous that I would have taken agin the left glove.

She looked at me and then burst out crying. Before I could explain the joke she was off in search off her Dad.

The whole set was exactly the same. You see?

2 comments:

ageing hipster said...

I'm looking forward to the bit when her dad comes back...

musters said...

Well Bob, funnily enough, and thanks for the comment, I'd already had a pop at her old man for supporting Man U (an English team) against Celtic (an Irish team) and I think I'd made him cry as well.

At last count the nursery had received 28,000 complaints.