3.11.08

Mercury Rev


Saturday afternoon, lying on the sofa with my three year old daughter.

She watching Charlie and Lola. Me listening to Mercury Rev on the wireless headphones.

All well in the world.

But then she decided she'd like a listen. So I gave her the headphones.

After a few minutes I asked for them back but she refused. Ten minutes later she's thoroughly entranced by this strange, beautiful, psychedelic folk-rock. Refusing to give me the headphones back. 

So, we're still on the Saturday afternoon sofa but all is changed....

Me now watching Charlie and Lola. She listening to Mercury Rev on the wireless headphones.

Fate Deals Me Blow After Blow.

I wouldn't mind so much but I Will Not Ever Never Forget You Nibbles is not quite really my favourite episode.

1 comment:

themusiclist said...

"Fate Deals Me Blow After Blow"

Surely a capitalistic catastrophe?