9.11.08

Ned Beatty



Ned Beatty is perhaps my favourite actor. He's also very attentive about responding to his emails as you'll see.

He's probably best known for his first movie role in which he was horribly brutalised in Deliverance. But I don't want to think about that. 

He's a lovely cuddly old uncle to me and I prefer to think of him as Detective Stanley "Stan" Bolander, aka "Big Man", from the brilliant tv series Homicide, Life on the Street.

I sent Ned an email yesterday via his website and, honestly, within the hour he'd responded personally saying that he needed time to consider my request and that he'd speak to his wife and sister (2 different people, I assume) and get back to me as soon as possible (asap, he said).

I'm very excited. I'll keep you "looped-in", as they say.

No comments: