17.11.08

Functions


I love functions. Weddings, Birthdays, Young Entrepreneur of the Year, that kind of thing.

You may sit with a banker or a prostitute but, at that table, everyone is equal. Typical of my luck, I sat down at a recent function with a banker.  

Whilst we tucked into our chicken and ham vol-au-vents and had a few drinks we put the world to rights.  By the time the chocolate profiteroles had arrived we'd not only put this world to rights but also the other eight planets which orbit the Sun [1].

Then the dancing started and everyone is having a great time. There's very little I enjoy more in life than watching people having fun. It's part of the very air I breathe.

So, as I sat there, watching people dance, chatting and enjoying their night out away from their hum drum, everyday lives, I though one thing. 

I wish I'd brought a book.

[1] we failed to put the Sun to rights and in fact, clashed violently over the matter.

2 comments:

mcgenius said...

She didn't win then? Pah! I thought her detailed knowledge of Polish football might've swung it. How did the tea guy get on? Or the ugly beautician?

musters said...

The tea guy won it. No comment on the other one.