12.11.08

Children in Need


Children in Need, this year, is hosted by Terry Wogan, Tess Daly and Fearne Cotton. It's also jam packed with pop star performances, while the cast of EastEnders turn into "West Enders" for the night and The Bill pop on suits and shades to become the Blues Brothers. BBC newsreaders will be humiliating themselves for our entertainment and the biggest stars of stage and screen will entertain us in their own inimitable way. 

I'm all for giving money to children in need. I can think of no other flavour of children I'd like to give to more. 

To quote my dear Mum "I'm a Mcghee no a McTack". 

She is, admittedly, referring to herself but I also like to think of myself as a Mcghee. The electoral register, however, strongly disagrees with my analysis.

Anyway, the BBC website encourages us to give generously despite, as they put it, the "credit crunch". I do wish people would stop bandying that term willy-nilly. I mean to say, do people really borrow money in order to give to charity? It would surely be an unusual state of affairs.

I will give to children in need. It's clearly a very worthy cause. If, however, you think I'm wasting my Friday night watching that shite you have another thing coming.

4 comments:

mcgenius said...

Shoorely shome mishtake?

A stout Oirishman like yourself donating funds to the Telethon Of The Oppressor?

Surely you could keep your money in your pocket until next year when RTÉ's People In Need telethon (no relation) rolls along?

You'd pay double the amount not to have to watch that on your telly.

musters said...

I only say I'm giving for good form. You can't be expected to hold a position of power such as blogger without at least giving the right sound-bites.

themusiclist said...

I took the opposite approach to you. Whereas you seem to know milliards about it but didn't watch it, I know absolutely nothing and it was on our tellybox all night. I glanced at it a few times. There was yon scottish burd, Jackie something who usually turns up at xmas time, and a large non-yellow bear, who I presume was meant to be pudsey. There was also a 'Dr Who Special' which was actually just an advert. Apart from that I don't really remember much else. Oh, apart from some people doing Oliver Twist. Badly.

themusiclist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.