19.11.08

Ned's Reply


Finally, finally, Ned Beatty emailed me back.

Since our last correspondence I've watched the Big Man twice on Homicide, Life on the Street. With each passing episode my admiration for his work grows. I consider Neddy to be a friend and, as you'll see, I think he feels the same way about me.

From: Ned Beatty (nedbeatty@nedbeattysings.com)
Sent: Mon 11/17/08 6:05 AM
To: musters@forthewaywelivetoday.com

Howdi Musters,

Word up! And ... "In the Beginning Was the Word."

(Just my little joke)

As the holiday season approaches, it's been very busy so apologies for not replying sooner.

Steve, Thank-you so much for considering me for your project, Thank you, Thank-you, Thank-you!

I'd love to say, Yes, my friend, and verily I was very close to doing so. Then, after discussing the project with my wife and sister we decided the answer had to be a reluctant ... No. All of us are Worsted Yarns now, you must understand!!!

But that night we had a few glasses of wine over dinner and it seemed like a swell idea again. None of us had ever visited Budapest, Hungary...

But, now, alas, in the cold, caliginous light of the new dawn it must flip back to No, No, No. I wanted to send you this email NOW in case we changed our minds again!!!

Would you like to buy my new CD? With all of the holidays being just around the corner, maybe a CD would make a thoughtful gift for YOUR family and friends. If you think so too just click on the link below!

May this holiday season bring to you and yours all of the joy and happiness that you deserve.

God Bless,

Neddy
http://cdbaby.com/cd/nedbeatty

Am I disappointed? A little, of course. But I understand. If Ned could have helped Ned would have helped. I'll have to keep looking is all.

(I bought one of his CD's)
(Actually, I bought six by mistake)

3 comments:

JB said...

Who is "Steve"?

mcgenius said...

I've just checked Ned's website. That was an awfully ingratiating message that you left for him.

You should never post as Ramsay, just as Steve.

musters said...

Damn your eyes!