17.2.09

Chrome Profanity Warning

I'm quite fond of the new Google browser, Chrome. I don't hate Google in the way that I hate Apple, for example.

Sure, they're a big global corporation and all but I feel they add value to my life rather than being sinister, anti-competitive, style-over-substance fashionistas. Like Apple, for example.

And my hitherto browser of choice, Fannyfox, seemed to be getting a little uppity what with constant demands for upgrades and general cheek and nonsense. She was becoming a fickle mistress and who in the wide world needs that!

So I switched to Chrome and, for the last few months, we've been very happy together. It has a much better interface and frankly I don't have any need for all the fancy-Dan Fannyfox plug-ins and widgets that Mcgenius and his ilk seem to base their entire existence on.

But, today, it broke. I asked it to browse to my tennis club and it simply couldn't do it. I don't know why. That's fine though, we all make mistakes, it's how we deal with them that matters. I'm afraid, however, that Chrome did not react well. It went a bit crazy and swore. In a way I've never heard before. Or hope to hear again. It was very upsetting, look!
Bad Boy!

No comments: