16.2.09

Morrissey Bends Sinister


Oh Lord! Morrissey was on The One Show tonight. I watched it en famille and took this screenscrape (photo with my phone).

The old contrarian was in predictably unpredictable form. Typically, prime-time tv doesn't do unpredictable and contrary but that's clearly betting without The Boy With A Thorn In His Side.

When he was asked how hard it had been for him to be unemployed in the seventies he refused to play the game. He said that he simply decided not to get a job because he didn't fancy any jobs. It wasn't hard at all.

Then my kids were a bit noisy so I didn't quite hear the next question. I think Adrian Chiles was, for some reason, expressing sympathy for white-collar workers who'd been thrown on the scrapheap after years of success. Morrissey chipped in "Therefore, why sympathise with them?" to a chorus of disapproving studio well-nows

As my mate Andy elegantly put it:
Nobody bends sinister quite like Steven Patrick Morrissey.

No comments: