1.12.08

Andy

I just like to have a little joke about not speaking to Andy except in the pub about McGonagall. But I don't really mean it. Not much anyway. No more than about a third.

I can say anything I want about him on here though. 

Like how he was scared to go into pubs on his own til he was thirty-eight. He used to hang about outside til his mates turned up. Heavens above, can you imagine! 

He still thinks it's a bit sad for a man to drink alone. I counter with the argument that it's sad for a man to drink with other people. But only for comedic effect.

And I can say all this because he never reads his intanet. He refuses to follow links, you see. He hasn't followed a link since he was thirty-six. I think the last link he followed was disgusting and he's never clicked on one since. So the only way he'd find this link is if he typed in http://forthewaywelivetoday.blogspot.com/2008/12/andy.html by absolute mistake. 

Unlikely happenstance.

Why Andy doesn't follow links.

He'd argue...  

If we were in the pub having a pint and some crisps, you'd never make reference to another source, e.g. a book, and say there you go look it up there and see what you think about that. You'd have to explain it manually. 

He has a slight point but remember this is a man who has turned having slight points into an art form.

I was reminded of this no speaking thing this very morning at a meeting I was called to unexpectedly and unnecessarily. Someone, lets call him Davy Bond, said something quite extraordinary that I'd love to tell you about. But I can't because I think it might be in breach of work/blog confidentiality and I might get fired (at).

1 comment:

themusiclist said...

I'm going to show Andy this tomorrow morning!