22.12.08

Smiles


There's virtually nothing in this life that pleases me more than the smile on a child's face. Especially at this time of year.

Yesterday we went to see Santa and then to a magical Winter Wonderland. The children were so happy and were enchanted by the occasion. It was therefore with great sadness that I informed then that, very unfortunately, I had to quit that magical place to go to the pub. To see the Celtic game. It almost broke my heart but what could I do?

As I walked to the pub, my persona very much non grata, I met my cousin Audrey who is a very sensible woman. She hugged me and expressed surprise that at eight minutes past two of the clock I was walking loose on Princes Street rather than being in the pub, watching Celtic, where I belonged. I shook my head and told her how hard it had been to pull myself away from the children and their unbridled yuletide joy. She looked at me sympathetically and gave me another quick hug before sending me on my way to the pub. To see the Celtic.

No comments: