7.12.08

Layman


In this incendiary 1967 recording Monsignor Henry Beck discusses the perplexing and divisive subject of religious involvement in the lay world.

To cut to the chase this Monsignor is most strongly agin it.

Monsignor Beck lays out his arguments in a clear and incisive way that even a layman can just about comprehend. 

The argument over whether religion should have any involvement in the lay world is one that had divided theologians since time immemorial. 

I, myself, have always had a deep interest in the subject but I could never really make my mind up on this thorny issue.

This morning, however, my mind became clear on the tenth consecutive listen to this landmark sermon. I agree fully with the Monsignor's viewpoint:

Religion can play no part in human life.

No comments: