10.12.08

Penis

Driving to the airport yesterday with a colleague from India. 

I was asking him about the Indian culture of men holding hands and generally being more tactile with each other. But not gay. There are no gays in India, he told me.

He laughed and said it was a little awkward for him and his Indian friends in South Africa because sometimes they would smack each other playfully on the arse without thinking. Playfully smacking another man on the arse is embedded in the national psyche and almost impossible to avoid. 

But people from other backgrounds think this behaviour most strange and he has to curtail his arse smacking instincts. Terrible shame.

I said to him just be careful you don't touch anyone's penis and you should be fine.

He didn't say anything. We drove on in silence. I think I'd taken a good idea and overworked it. 

2 comments:

ageing hipster said...

you haven't seen any of my friends I suppose?

musters said...

ehm, not sure what you mean old chum. Bum chums?
Eh?