15.12.08

Pharmacy

My eldest dotter was prescribed 150 ml of drugs last week.

Cut a long story short. She only got 100 ml last week because that's the amount that would stay fresh. The other 50 ml would, presumably, go off and be as ineffectual as a pair of self removing driving gloves.

This morning I went back to get the other 50 ml. The pharmacist mooched about behind his desk for ten minutes before coming forward and giving me the bottle. 

He told me that it only came in 100 ml bottles and therefore I'd "probably" have some left over. He also charged me for the full 100 ml meaning that, in total, I'd paid for 200 ml. Even though she only needed 150 ml. As prescribed by the doctor. 

"It only comes in 100 ml bottles"

I don't know about you but I was always under the impression that pharmacists actually made up these prescriptions. That's why they always made you wait. They had to mix the medicine, so to speak.

"It only comes in 100 ml bottles"

I really, really wanted to say to him. "What are you for?" But I said nothing.

My life was already feeling enough like an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.





No comments: