15.5.09

More Local Election Tricks

And then this fine (Gael) looking fellow turns up at my doorstep. Although, in real life, he looks very little like his photo.

"Is there anything you'd like to ask me?", he says.

When I get back inside my wife asks who was at the door. 

"Eames, Fine Gael, he scrubbed up well for the poster, I'll tell ye", I tell her.
"Did you ask him about that road, the schools, the developers ...?", she asks.
"No ... not as such".
"What did you ask him?"

For some reason I plump for the truth. "Well, I asked him whether you pronounce Fine Gael like Fini Gael or Fiyn Gael".
"What?"
"Yea, he said he likes Fini Gael but others say it differently. I told him I liked Fiyn Gael better. We agreed to disagree".

She shook her head and walked out the room. "It's an important issue...", I shouted after her.

No comments: