19.5.09

Radio Still Broken

Apparently this kind of problem can be caused by something called a "fuse".

The fuse, if I have this correct, underpins the electrical circuitry in the vehicle and allows the current to flow to the various elements therein.

Thus, in my car's instruction manual, on page 24, we see that fuse number 31 is for the radio. Good progress. Now the fuse box is below the "glove" compartment according to the manual. This can be opened by simply pressing in both sides of the glove compartment and swivelling it out. So far so good.

Fuse number 31 is blue and has a polarity rating of 15. This is important. The key to my plan.

I noted that the "Cheers Mate" lights (fuse number 33) shared the same rating. My plan was developing. Can you guess what it is yet?

Yes indeed! Clever you.

I decided that having the radio was more important than being polite. Anyway, if someone did something nice I could simply go back to the manual system of giving them a wave. I needed the radio because clearly thereout lay madness.

So I took out 33 using tweezers. I did the same with 31 and put it into the 33 slot. Then I inserted the original 33 into the old 31 slot. Victory would soon be mine.

But no. Fate Deals Me Blow After Blow. This piece of mechanical genius did nothing other than preserve the status quo. Still no radio.

Now ... what the fuck is a "relay".

No comments: